Teal Duck Cast & Blast
1-4 Guests • No Lodging • Public/Private • Guided
Special Teal Season Hunt and Fishing Combo
3 week special teal season from mid-September through the end of September. Morning teal hunts with fishing for trophy specks and reds.
The combination of duck hunting and fishing packages we offer have been a big hit with outdoorsman for years in southern Louisiana. These combination trips are available during the waterfowl season from November through February. The trip consists of a duck hunting trip in the morning followed by an afternoon fishing trip.
The day starts early in the morning before sunrise. You will meet up with Captain Chris at the marina, and load your gear into his 18” Gator Trax mud boat, and descend deep into the pristine marshes of Delacroix, La. Captain Chris will take care of the decoys, dog, and brush for the blind as well as identifying and calling the birds into gun range for your group. As the light appears in the east, the birds will begin to descend into the flooded marshes to feed on submerged vegetation. Captain Chris's goal is to call the birds into the decoys for the best possible shot for you and your guests. It is not uncommon to harvest as many as six or eight different species during a single hunt. The morning hunt usually ends around 9:30 am when it’s time to head back in for lunch, and for Captain Chris to clean and process the mornings’ bag.
It's noon and time for the fishing side of your trip. Captain Chris will already have the boat readied with any rods, reels, baits, and ice that will be needed. You may of course bring your own rods if you would prefer. A short boat ride later you will be casting in search of the trophy specks and reds that have made shallow water inshore fishing in Louisiana second to none.
Base Price is for 2 anglers. Additional anglers additional cost. Max 4.
Party of 3
Party of 4
Captain Christopher offers full service Inshore Fishing & Duck Hunting Guide Service located only 30 minutes from New Orleans, Louisiana!
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$935.00 Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Experienced Guide
- Retriever Dog
- Live/Artificial Bait
- Rod & Reels
- Camouflage/Olive, Drab, or Brown Clothing
- Face Mask
- Rain Gear
- Knee boots / hip or chest waders
Rules & Guidelines
HUNTING: To insure that you are comfortable, we recommend that make sure you have the following items.
The hunting portion will begin around 5:00 am and you will be hunting from 6:00 am to 9:30 am.
12 or 20 gauge shotguns are preferred for the hunting portion of the trip along with #4 steel shot. Customers need to obtain or have a valid Louisiana waterfowl hunting license with the appropriate Federal Duck Stamp.
- Camouflage, olive drab or brown clothing and hat. Face masks are also recommended.
- Rain gear.
- Knee boots are sufficient, hip or chest waders keep you cleaner when weather conditions are poor.
- 12 or 20 gauge shotguns are preferred for the hunting portion of the trip along with #4 steel shot
- Large ice chest to carry your birds home.
- Hunting licenses and waterfowl stamps - please obtain these prior to your scheduled hunt.
- Persons 16 yrs and older are required to purchase a license.
- Hunting Licenses can be purchase online or by calling 1-800-765-2602. Please take the time to also aquiant yourself with the Louisiana Migratory and Waterfowl regulations.
FISHING: To insure that you have a pleasant day on the water, we recommend that make sure you have the following items.
The fishing portion will begin around 12:00pm and last until sunset. Rods, reels, and artificial and/or live bait, gas, and ice are provided at No Additional cost to you and your guests. Customers need to provide their own beverages, food, and fishing license.
- Suntan lotion
- Rain suit and water protection for any personal items you may bring
- Comfortable clothes and a coat or jacket during winter months
- Food and drinks for the day
- Louisiana fishing license
Fishing Licenses can be purchased locally some area tackle and retail stores or online from the Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries