Semi-Guided Cow Elk Hunt on Utah Ranch
1-21 Guests • Trailer • Public/Private • Semi-Guided
3-Day Semi-Guided Hunt
Priced Per Person
The state of Utah offers limited-entry drawings for cow elk. The unit that our ranch lies within is called the South Slope/Diamond Mountain Unit. If you draw, we would love to take you hunting on our ranch. We have a good number of elk on our property and to get you a cow won't be a problem. We have a good number of elk on our property and to get you a cow won't be a problem.
Each client will go on a three-day, semi-guided hunt. The price includes lodging and meals in our campers or cabins, guiding, skinning and trophy care. Quality taxidermy is available with a recommended local taxidermist. We also guide limited-entry hunters.
After booking, each client will be provided with an in-depth packing list, along with average temperatures and recommended gear.
Rifle hunts are in Mid-August and Mid-October
Visit Utah's Antlerless Elk Hunts (https://wildlife.utah.gov/plan-your-antlerless-hunt.html) page for more information and tag purchase.
“Josh and his staff gave 110% to ensure that everyone was accommodated.”
“I have known Josh for better than a decade and have sent literally dozens of hunters to hunt with him. He has an excellent reputation as a hardworking outfitter that does his best to provide a first class hunt! I personally hunted mountain lions with him this past winter and what an incredible hunt it was! Josh is a hunting machine and went above and beyond, as he known to do. His magnetic personality along with hard working guides make him one of the best! I would send my best friend with him - No Question!”
- Jason Carter - Cedar City, Utah
I have hunted elk several times with Josh. It is an experience that you will never forget. Bugling bulls and hundreds of elk make for an amazing hunt! I also have hunted lions and bears with Josh. He has some of the best hounds around. It is a great adventure. Just never gives up, and he is also a great guy to be around.” - Phil Carley
Our ranch was homesteaded by our great-great-grandfather in the early 1900s and we operate 1,000 head of beef cattle on it today. It is located in the northeast corner of Utah, stretching into Colorado to the east and closely bordering Wyoming to the north.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$660.00 Per Item
$385.00 Per Item
$2369.99 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Meals & Beverages
- Direction from an Experienced Guide
- Full Service Lodging
- Practice Targets Available
- Hiking Boots - Waterproof, Heavy Insulation, Broken in
- Moisture Wicking Socks
- Long Underweat
Rules & Guidelines
WHAT DOES YOUR GUIDE RATE INCLUDE?
• The three-day hunt includes everything but state licensing and permit fees.
• Any gas station stops, the hunter will be responsible for whatever he or she chooses to purchase.
• You are responsible for weapon of choice, hunting clothes, personal effects and transportation to and from Vernal, UT.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FOR LODGING?
• We offer full-service lodges and camp trailers, where you will be served breakfast, dinner and provided with a sack lunch for mid-day or return to camp for lunch.
• Keep in mind that when staying in a cabin or camp trailer in the winter months we will not have running water.
• We limit our camps to avoid overcrowding but still allow for plenty of camaraderie. Practice targets will be available to keep you tuned up for that chance at a trophy.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON'T KILL A COW ELK?
• If for some reason we don't kill the cow elk of your choice within the three days of your hunt, you can continue hunting for an additional fee per day thereafter.
WHAT ARE THE TEMPERATURES LIKE DURING THE HUNT?
• Temperatures can range from below zero to mid 50-60s.
WHERE IS YOUR RANCH?
• Our ranch is located near Vernal, UT in northeastern Utah, where we will meet you.
WHAT SHOULD I TIP MY GUIDE?
• This is always a sensitive question, but one we get all of the time. Industry standard is 10-20%.
HOW SOON WILL I NEED MY LICENSE?
• Licenses MUST be purchased at least 10 days before your arrival to hunt. There is a 10-day waiting period before your tag is valid.
ARE YOU MEMBERS OF ANY GUIDE ASSOCIATIONS?
• Yes, we are a member of the Utah and Colorado Guides Associations.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT REGARDING CARE OF MY MEAT, CAPE AND TAXIDERMY?
• Trophy care includes hauling your animal off mountain to the cabin where we have hanging racks for the meat and animal. We will help you bone the meat out to put in your coolers.
• If you want your meat cut up in town by the local butcher we will put it in your truck and you can haul it to town to be cut up and he can mail it to you. Town is about a 40 minute drive. If you don't have a suitable outfit we can arrange this for you.
• If you bring your own coolers you will be responsible for your own ice which is only available in town.
• We will cape your trophy and put it in your cooler or assist in making arrangements with your taxidermist.
WHAT TYPES OF TAGS / PERMITS WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE?
• Detailed information about tags and fees information can be found by reading Utah's 2016 Antlerless Hunts Guide. Apply online at Utah Hunt.
COW ELK APPLICATION AND STATE FEES INFORMATION
The application time period opens late May and closes mid June each year.
Apply Online at Utah Hunt (https://www.utah-hunt.com/).
For Questions call 1-801-538-4700 or refer to Utah's Antlerless Hunts Guide: https://wildlife.utah.gov/plan-your-antlerless-hunt.html
Resident 365-Day Hunting License Fees:*
Age 13 and under $11
Ages 14-17 $16
Ages 18-64 $34
Age 65 and older $25
Multi-Year Hunting License (age 18 and older) $33 per year, up to five years
Combination License Fees:*
Ages 14-17 $20
Ages 18-64 $38
Age 65 and older $29
Multi-Year Combination License (age 18 and older) $37 per year, up to five years
Nonresident 365-Day Hunting License Fees:*
Age 17 and younger $25
Age 18 and older $65
Multi-Year Hunting License (age 18 and older) $64 per year, up to five years Nonresident
Combination License Fees:*
Age 17 and younger $29
Age 18 and older $85
Multi-Year Combination License (age 18 and older) $84 per year, up to five years
*Licenses are valid for 365 days from the date of purchse and a combination license allows you to hunt or fish in Utah and also allows you to fish with a second pole.
Resident fees: $50
Nonresident fees: $218
NONREFUNDABLE DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Please note, there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit included with your booking fee and the remaining amount is nonrefundable after June 1st.