Alberta, Canada Black Bear Hunting
1-4 Guests • Lodge • Private • Guided
Hunt big bruin blacks and colored bears in the spring and fall, no bugs, 5 star lodge, eat like a king and sleep like a rock - that's what you can expect when you come black bear hunting with North Star Outfitters!
We have been providing Black Bear Hunts in Alberta for over 22 years.
During our spring Bear hunts, we take about 5-6 hunters per week. We hunt in ranch country just north of the rich farmland where the food is very plentiful. Our fall black bear hunts are spot and stalk only. We hunt them in the corn fields in September and October.
Why Hunt With Us?
- Our bear hunting area is about 500,000 acres. I own 90% of the permits therefore i hold the key to managing the black bear hunting in this area.
- I have 50% color phase bears with 25% harvested being colored phased bears over 6 ft. and 25% of the black bears harvested are over 7ft with 20" plus skulls
- We have a 2 bear per hunter quota. If you choose to harvest two bears, i only allow you to harvest one colored bear 6 foot or better and the other must be black. We do this to manage the population of trophy class colored bears.
- During the spring hunts, you will see between 4-8 bears in an evening and in a full week you will see upwards of 30-40 bears.
- Our spring bear hunts are over bait which allows you to size the bear more efficiently. Our bait sights are set up about 4 miles apart.
- Shooting distances from stands at our bait sites are from 20-25 yards for bow hunters and rifle hunters from 50-100 yards.
- Fall bear hunts may be added to our early season deer, moose hunts and waterfowl hunts.
Base Price is for 7-Day hunt for 1 bear. Add second bear for additional fee.
We have a 100% Success Rate!
Everyone thinks bear hunting over bait is like shooting fish in a barrel, well if it was only about killing that might be the case. But harvesting a trophy bear takes careful placement of stands and baits to outsmart the trophy bears we want.
Proper baiting, along with limiting the number of black bear hunts every year, and the high number of bears in our area, our hunters enjoy a 100% shot opportunity. The black bears in our area average 300+ pounds, with some pushing up to 500 pounds.
If you are looking for a high success Canada Bear Hunt, this is it. We put time, experience and dedication into the hunt to ensure you have the best bear hunt possible.
2nd Bear Hunt Fee
2nd bear trophy fee
Alberta Canada whitetail deer hunting, mule deer hunting, black bear hunting and waterfowl hunting
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$5500.00 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Expert Local Guide
- 5-Star Lodging w/ Meals
- 100% Success Rate
- Opportunity to take 2 Bears on your Hunt
- 500,000 Acres of Hunting Land
- Trophy Color Phase and Black Bears
- Can be Combined with Other Trophy Game Hunts
- Weather Appropriate Hunting Attire
- Liability Waiver/Hunter Contract
- Personal Hunting Gear
- Valid hunting License
Rules & Guidelines
Please note, there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit included with your payment when booking.
In order to confirm your booking we must have a liability waiver and a hunter contract signed and sent to us before you arrive in camp.
You may want to consider Hunt Insurance to cover your deposit and the hunt cost. Check with your travel agent or you can call ManuLife at 1-877-283-2002
You will be flying into Edmonton International Airport. Once you have arrived in Edmonton, you will rent a car and drive to our lodge north of Marwayne, Alberta. We recommend flying in the day before your hunt.
Be sure to check with your airline about transporting antlers, capes and meat. Some airlines prohibit this or may charge baggage fees.
ENTRY TO CANADA
Passport are now required to come into Canada so make sure you have yours ready. There is a long wait period to get US passports so be sure to apply early if you don't already have one.
IF you have a criminal record (even a DUI can prevent you from crossing the border) you may require a A Temporary Resident Permit. Please inquire with Border Services to make sure you have the proper documentation.
For hunters who bring their own firearms into Canada, a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration will serve as a licence and registration. The form must be presented in triplicate, unsigned, to a Canada Customs officer at your first point of entry into Canada. There is a minimal fee which is not included in the price of the hunt.
Pre-processing of the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration is available through Customs offices . To take advantage of this service, you must enter Canada at Edmonton International Airport, Alberta. Please contact Customs officials ahead of time for details of the process. Phone : (780) 890-4300
Wildlife Identification Number (WIN) is required to purchase hunting licences in Alberta. In addition to the WIN card, Waterfowl Hunters will also need to purchase a 6 day Migratory Bird Game License.
Upon submission, a plastic WIN card with your WIN number on it will be mailed to you in 4 weeks. Be sure you give yourself enough time to receive your card before you arrive for your hunt.If you have any questions contact:
Waterfowl Hunters will also need to Purchase Migratory Bird Game Permit.