Yellowstone & Swift Creek Drainage Catered Pack Trip or Drop Camp
2-10 Guests • Drop Camp • Public • Guided
Fully Catered Camps
Our Fully Catered Camps have a 2 person 2 day minimum and includes tents, cook, food, guides, and horses.
You choose the destination and we take care of all the work. You furnish your bed roll and personal gear and come prepared to have an adventure of a life time. We stay with you to take care of all the cooking and camp chores. During your stay we can take you fishing or riding or whatever you would like to do.
Base Price is for the Catered Pack Trip.
To turn it into a Drop Camp, please see additional pricing below.
Wranglers 1 per every 4 horses
Drop Camps, Catered Camps, Hiking and Trail Rides
- Always take rain gear during the summer months. Afternoon thundershowers are common.
- The High Uintas are notorious for biting insects. Take insect repellent.
- Be wary of the thin air. Altitude sickness is very possible above 9,000 to 10,000 feet.
- Use sunscreen.
- Bring warm clothing - freezing temperatures are possible any time of year.
- Bring a good map and compass as the trails in the upper basins can be hard to find.
- Before mid-July you'll likely run into big snowfields and torrential streams, but even in late summer you may want to take wading shoes.
Drop Camps and Catered Camps
- Firewood is getting scarce, especially in the upper elevations, it's best to take a propane stove for cooking.
Catered Camping Charge Per Horse
Drop Camp Price Per Wrangler
Permitted Outfitter in Utah’s Ashley National Forest and Idaho’s Caribou-Targhee National Forest.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$33.00 Per Person Per Item
$275.00 Per Item
$170.50 Per Person
$385.00 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Horse & Tack
- Pack Animals
- Guide Wranglers
- Always take rain gear during the summer months.
- Take insect repellent.
- Altitude sickness is very possible.
- Sunscreen / Sunshades / Hat
Rules & Guidelines
- Drop Camp prices are per each way
- Drop Camp pack horse maximum of 160 lbs NO Exceptions
- Please note, there's a 50% deposit included with your payment when booking.
- Utah State Sales Tax and 3% USFS fees will be added to all prices.
- We provide a good riding horse.
- Pack animals to get your equipment your destination.
- Knowledgeable guides and wranglers to make sure you arrive safely.
- We provide all the camping gear including the food except your personal gear.