Beekeeping and botanical expertise go hand in hand. Wildflowers are the foundation of our award-winning honey, and are the very reason we began our beekeeping adventure; we loved wildflowers, capturing their beauty during different times of the year through photography. Our wildflower "obsession" became even stronger when we learned just how important the natural ecosystem is in developing high-quality honey and happy, healthy bees.
In your 90-minute visit, we will tour our Ozark mountain property and provide an overview of the wildflowers that grow freely in distinct areas. None of the flowers that grow on our mountain property were planted -- they are all native and indeed, wild! In each season, even in each week, different wildflowers begin to grow and thrive, offering us different landscapes as the year progresses.
You will learn about:
- Missouri Native Plants
- Their importance in the Missouri eco-system
- Seasonal varieties
Priced Per Person
Children's tickets are a lesser rate, please select the number when booking.
We began our beekeeping adventure 11 years ago. Jackie (our beekeeper) always loved wildflowers and would tread through the valleys and peaks of the Ozark Mountains to find every native wildflower in order to photograph it. In the late 1990s, we acquired our land to be close to nature. Since Jackie's husband loved every kind of honey, we soon acquired honey bees and began enjoying our very own award-winning honey from the Ozark Mountains.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$11.00 Per Person Per Item
$22.00 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Local Guide
- Private, Personalized Tour
- Beautiful Scenery
- Fresh Air
- Sturdy Shoes or boots
- Sun Protection
- Water Bottle
Rules & Guidelines
I understand that there are certain risks involved in walking in forested areas, including in the general proximity of honey bees and other insects. I understand that I am advised to consult with a health care provider of my own choosing (and cost) before participating in any such activity, including walking near and around a beekeeping farm or operation.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND WAIVER/RELEASE OF LIABILITY.
I understand that walking in forested areas, including in the general proximity of honey bees and other insects involves risks. These risks may include being stung by a honey bee, wasp, mosquito, or any other insect, or bitten by any insect, including ticks, mammal, or reptile. I understand that I should wear sturdy shoes (or boots) and use insect repellent to deter some of these risks. I assume all risks and responsibilities for my own health and safety, whether or not stated in this Liability Release, Indemnity and Waiver Agreement ("Agreement"), as well as the health and safety of any child or disabled person (referred to herein as my "dependents"), who may be under my supervision while participating in such activities. To the best of my information, neither I nor any of my dependents are allergic to stings or bites from any sort of insects. I understand that if I or my dependents are allergic to stings or bites from any insects, I and my dependents agree not to participate in this tour and related activities.
Neither I nor my dependents have any known or suspected medical issues, risks or problems that preclude or restrict to any extent our respective participation in these activities, or make our respective participation in the walking tour ill-advised from the standpoint of our respective personal health and safety given the risks involved.
In voluntary consideration for being permitted to participate in the walking tour and related activities:
• I hereby waive, release and hold harmless and agree to indemnify JAH Acres Bee Farm and its owners (Jacynthe Marcoux and Luke Kaiser), and employees ("released parties") from and against any and all losses, liability, actions, causes of action, judgments, costs, interest, claims or demands of any kind and nature whatsoever, arising directly or indirectly from participating in the tour and related activities including, but not limited to, claims for negligence, intentional disregard, recklessness, bodily injury or death, property damage or any form of action (including attorneys' fees, and expert and court costs) that I and/or any of my dependents may sustain as a result of my or their participation in the tour and related activities including, but not limited to, any stings, bites, rashes, allergic reactions, trips, falls, any all other medical conditions and medical care I and/or my dependents may sustain, or require or receive, as the case may be, and the cost thereof.
• I hereby waive, release and hold harmless and agree to indemnify and defend each of the released parties from, and I agree to pay, all expenses relating to any medical care and treatment I and/or my dependents may receive resulting from my or their participation in the tour and related activities.
• I hereby waive, release, hold harmless and agree to indemnify and defend each of the released parties from and against any and all claims that any other person may have and assert against any of the released parties for any losses, damages or injuries arising out of, or in any manner related to, my or my dependents' participation in the tour and related activities. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of, and be binding upon, each of the released parties as well as the parties to this Agreement via their participation in the tour, and their respective successors and assigned . All parties agree that venue for all purposes hereunder will be in the City of St. Louis, Missouri, and that Missouri laws will govern any dispute.
All parties hereby voluntarily waive their right to a trial by jury, and agree to arbitrate any claim or issue that might arise as a result of participating in the tour.
This Agreement is subject to a binding arbitration clause which may be enforced against the parties.