Spring/Fall 7-Day Black Bear Hunt
1-2 Guests • Cabin • Private • Guided
MANITOBA SPRING & FALL BLACK BEAR HUNTING
Hunt in one of the newest areas allocated in Northern Manitoba for non-resident black bear hunters. All our hunts are fly-in by float plane to our hunting area allocated by the Manitoba Government. There are no roads, mining or logging in our hunting and fishing area! We have the only camps on these lakes.
Our exclusive, 5,000 square mile area is located NW of Lynn Lake, Manitoba. This new area has many trophy size Manitoba black bears in the 200 – 500 lb. range.
A chance for a Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett bear is a reality. The bears in this area have received very little pressure because of the vast remoteness of the area. Approximately 30% of the bears in our area are of a different color phase such as blonde, cinnamon and chocolate brown.
We hunt mostly by boat on lakes and rivers. Shots are taken from 10- 50 yards depending upon if you are shooting with bow or gun. We can also accommodate the handicapped or elderly hunter. You may hunt with rifle, bow, crossbow or black powder, but no handguns are allowed in Canada.
Timber wolves may be taken on your bear tag in the fall and does not count against shooting a bear.
7 Day Package Includes:
- 6 1/2 days of fully guided hunting.
- Pre-baited sights with cameras.
- Metal tree stands and pop up ground blinds.
- 10 different remote fly-in lakes to choose from.
- Professional skinning and care of your trophy and meat
- Home cooked meals at the Mahekun Lake Lodge or you cook your own at one of the outpost camps.
- Propane heated cabins, propane cook stove/oven & barbeque grill
- Small generator for lights, refrigerator & freezer.
- Excellent fishing at you leisure
- Satellite phone communication
- Battery & converter for Sleep Apnea machines
- Hot and cold running water/ shower facility
- 2 and 6 hunter only camps
- Recently opened camps
- Float plane flight from Lynn Lake to camp unless hunting Mahekun Lake then the cost is $500.00 direct from Thompson, Manitoba to Mahekun Lake Lodge and this saves you 8hrs of driving, gas and wear and tear on your vehicle such as flat tires on the gravel.
- Weight limit for gear is 100lb. per person.
Base Price is for 1 hunter including flyout. Group Rates available upon request!
Russ and Lori have owned and operated this outfitting and out post camp servie creating your "Bucket List" for hunting and fishing for over 32 years
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$385.00 Per Person
$4724.50 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Expert Local Guide
- Pre-baited Sights w/Cameras
- Tree Stands and Pop up Ground Blinds
- Multiple Travel Options
- Care for Trophy and Meat
- Home Cooked Meals
- Heated Cabins w/Cook Stove/oven and Barbeque grill
- Fishing at you Leisure
- Satellite Phone
- Battery & Converter for Sleep Apnea Machines
- Hot & Cold Running Water / Showers
- Recently Opened Camps
- Float Plane Flight from Lynn Lake to Camp Included
Rules & Guidelines
WHAT TO BRING – RECOMMENDED GEAR
Our bear hunts take place in late May and June. In June, the high daily temperatures average in the 60s to lower 70s.
The weather in Northern Manitoba can vary greatly on a weekly and even daily basis. It is a good idea to pack for a wide range of weather conditions regardless of the timing of your trip. The following information should serve as a guide for what you will need to bring on your trip:
SPRING BEAR HUNTING:
- Sleeping bag for outpost camp hunt
- Camouflage clothing that is quiet (orange is not required for spring bear hunts.)
- Cold weather clothes, rubber boots, rain gear, warm gloves
- Weapon of choice and ammunition (no handguns)
- Fishing gear and tackle, camera, sunglasses and flashlight
- Cooler for meat and fish
- You provide your own food in outpost camps
- Therma Cell for mosquitoes
- Knife and flashlight for around camp.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL:
We are operated out of Lynn Lake, Manitoba. Lynn Lake is located 650 driving miles north of Winnipeg Manitoba. Highway 6 from Winnipeg to Thompson is pavement. Highway 391 from Thompson to Lynn Lake is a combination of pavement and all weather gravel surface.
For those choosing to fly, private and chartered flights are available from Winnipeg to Lynn Lake. Complementary taxi service is provided from the Lynn Lake airport to the Wings Over Kississing Float plane base. Contact us for details on flights. From Lynn Lake we will transport you to your outpost camp via a scenic float plane ride.
For lodging accommodations in Lynn Lake we recommend the Bronx Hotel. Reservations for both can be made by calling 204-356-8709.
- Must have a United States passport to return to the United States.
- Must register your gun at Canada Customs upon entering Canada.
For Licensing Information: We the outfitter are provided the licenses directly to us by the Govt. of Manitoba to sell to our clients when they book a hunt with us.
LOCAL SPORTING GOOD STORES:
There is a Cabelas Store in Winnipeg just 5 miles from the airport. We also have extra rifles in camp for emergency backup.
Gratuities to the guides and staff. Beer or Liquor.
Must provide your own weapon of choice but no hand guns are allowed into Canada. We do have back up rifles for you to use if something happens to your weapon during transportation.
Please note, there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit included with your payment when booking.