Salmon Fishing Excursion - 4 Hours
Our local captains show you the best of the area on this memorable fishing experience. Hit the best salmon fishing spots, spot Juneau wildlife like bears and eagles, and make some family memories.
There are tons of salmon to catch in the area, and our crew makes sure to take you to some favorite locations. Even if you don’t have fishing experience, you’re likely to catch something on this trip.
For those of you visiting on an Alaska cruise ship shore excursion, our trips are tailored to get you right to the heart of the action and back to your boat in a timely fashion.
Season: May 1 – September 30
Private 4-Hour Charter for 5
Captain Grant and his team are locally raised and know the ins and outs of Juneau for the greatest whale watching, sightseeing, and sport fishing adventures. He has an eagle eye when spotting whales, and his favorite phrase is “FISH ON!”
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$1210.00 Per Person
$302.50 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Fishing Gear
- Drinks & Snacks
- Weather Appropriate Gear
Rules & Guidelines
Due to COVID-19 and the financial crisis, we are not able to issue refunds at this time. We are seeking assistance to continue moving forward. We are eager to take you out to explore Alaska’s waters. Please consider converting your booking to an open-ended date of your choosing.
Do I need a fishing license, and if so, how do I get one?
- Fishing licenses can be purchased right on our boats immediately prior to the trip. Cash is required. Licenses are required for everyone age 16 and older. You can also purchase them online at https://www.adfg.alaska.gov/Store/
Do you provide transportation?
- If you don’t have your own transportation, we are happy to provide it. Our boats leave from Auke Bay, which is about a 25-minute ride from downtown, where the cruise ships dock. We also provide transportation to and from most hotels.
What if it is too cold and rainy on the day of our trip?
- Being located in a temperate rainforest, we definitely don’t let the rain hold us back. We recommend bringing a rain layer not just for our trip but for your entire time here in the lovely Tongass National Forest. All of our boats do have a heater available to be turned on if anyone wants heat inside. We have cabins with seats for anyone looking to stay warm and dry.
Is there an age limit to go on a fishing trip?
- All ages are welcome on our boats. Every person on board does count as a spot on the trip, including children of all ages.
What happens with the fish we catch?
- Any fish you catch, within the limits, are yours to keep if you’d like. We work with a local fish processor to have your catch processed and shipped to your home. If you would like to pay the processor to process and ship, there are easy order form cards for you to fill out on board so that you can keep track of your fish and ensure it is processed to your specifications.
Are there bathrooms on the boats?
Do you accommodate wheelchairs?
- If you are able to sit up on the side gunnel of our boat, we can assist you in getting into the boat and onto the bench seating on board, or back into the wheelchair on the back deck.
What about food during our trip?
- We provide bottled water, soft drinks, and assorted snacks – chips, granola bars, candy. You are more than welcome to bring any of your own food on board with us.