Paint El Morro Weekend Experience
1-2 Guests • Camper/RV • Private • Any
2-Day Painting Retreat in the New Mexico Wilderness
This retreat will give all painters, from beginners to veterans an opportunity to unplug from the everyday and slip into the spectacular. Join Host Hilary for a weekend of instruction and immersion in the beautiful New Mexico landscape. Artists have been coming to this area for hundreds of years to capture the breathtaking vistas of the El Morro National Monument and surrounding mountains.
This package will include one-on-one instruction from professional artist Hilary as well as absolutely beautiful vistas waiting for you to capture on canvas. You will need to bring any supplies you feel you will need for whatever medium you choose.
Located West of Albuquerque, on the southwestern flank of the Zuni Mountains, El Morro has provided a haven for explorers and campers since the late 1500s. Its picturesque vistas provide artists with beautiful inspiration to create works in any media they choose.
Here are the weekend dates available for these workshops:
Friday, October 20 - Sunday, October 2022
Friday, November 17 - Sunday, November 19
Friday, March 22 - Sunday, March 24
Friday, April 19 - Sunday, April 21
Friday, May 17 - Sunday, May 19
Friday, June 21 - Sunday, June 23
Friday, July 12 - Sunday, July 14
Friday, August 16 - Sunday, August 18
More dates may be announced
Just an FYI:
- This area is very rural, so cell phone service can be weak for some carriers.
- Lodgings are rustic! Tent camping is Old West style - close but not too close to your neighbors, please pack in and pack out, only one central camp toilet is provided, so it’s recommended you bring your own. Water is provided.
- RVs have limited electricity and water, and have a composting toilet system.
- The road to the campsite can be rough if we have wet weather, so a 4x4 or AWD is recommended, but not necessary. We usually don’t have much rain here as we are high desert, but just in case.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate dogs/pets for this weekend's workshop.
Weekend Workshop with Hilary
A List of Recommended Art Supplies for the Weekend
Location for Tent Camping
Meals and Drinks
You may add on lodging in one of our fully furnished RV's for an additional fee. Bring a friend along for a discounted rate!
Artist, Author, World Traveler, Permaculture Enthusiast
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$55.00 Per Item
$438.90 Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Beautiful Mountain Vistas
- Supply List (sent out 2 weeks before)
- Tent Camping Site
- RV Lodging Available
- Meals and Drinks
- Overnight Supplies
- Personal Snack and Drinks
Rules & Guidelines
Please be respectful of the land and the other campers/painters that are around you.