Mountain Goat Hunt in Hells Canyon Unit 18
1-8 Guests • Lodge • Public • Guided
5-Day Lodge Hunt or Spot & Stalk
(Rifle or Archery Hunt)
We prefer to hunt the last of the season when the goats are prime and have moved to their winter range high above the Snake River. Hunters can expect a very arduous and exciting hunt for these cliff-dwelling trophies. Hunting for goats will require hunters to be in good physical condition and be willing to spike out overnight from base camp to access the goats. Unit 18 and 22 have very healthy populations of goats and hunters can expect to glass several goats on their hunting trip. Our guides have the experience and skills to navigate you to the prime hunting areas during the best time to harvest your trophy goat. The hunt includes lodging, meals, transportation, and trophy care during your hunt.
We operate in units 18 and 22 for Mountain Goat hunting. Our permitted area takes in all of goat hunting unit 18 except for the small portion of unit 23 in the rapid river drainage of controlled hunt 6002. Our permitted area in 22 takes in the most southern end of unit 22 atop the breaks of the Snake River of controlled hunt 6003.
The Permit application period for Mountain Goats is April 1- April 30 and successful applicants will be notified by June 10. Hunters can apply at http://fishandgame.idaho.gov for controlled hunts and the purchase of resident and nonresident hunting licenses.
We are licensed to hunt in The Hells Canyon National Recreation Area, the Nez Perce and Payette National Forests, and over 10,000 acres of private land. Our Exclusive Outfitting area includes over 300 square miles of some of the best big game hunting territory that North America has to offer. We provide trophy hunts for Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Mountain Lion, Black Bears, and Mountain Goats.
We take pride in providing our clients with world-class hunting, Our lodging is no different. We don't run huge camps with large numbers of hunters and we make it our goal to deliver top-notch accommodations on every hunt. We offer a number of options when it comes to lodging. This hunt includes private lodging in one of our two comfortable lodges:
- Mountain View Lodge: Our Mountain View Lodge was specifically designed with the sportsman in mind. Set in a relaxing and peaceful backcountry environment and located high on a mountaintop. Our rustic backcountry lodge and private guest cabins offer panoramic views of the legendary Salmon River and the Seven Devils Mountains. The Mountain View Lodge is rustic and comfortable, the food is exceptional and the mountain scenery is absolutely beautiful! At Mountain View Ranch our goal is to provide the best hospitality, food, and overall experience that anyone has to offer.
- River House: Our River House is centrally located so we can access all of our hunting areas with ease. This warm, comfortable lodge with home-cooked food, Wi-Fi, and big screen TV is a perfect place after a day of hunting. This Lodge is conveniently located within walking distance of town and gives our clients the opportunity to enjoy all that Riggins, Idaho has to offer. The house is located riverside so our guests can spend their free time fishing, exploring the town, or just enjoying the view from the deck.
Base price is per person for an 8-Day Rifle or Archery Hunt.
World-class big game hunting in the Hells Canyon Wilderness area.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$8250.00 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Meat Packing
- Transportation to/from Hunting Area
- Land Managed Specifically for Hunting
- Comfortable Lodging
- Homecooked Meals
- Weather Appropriate Hunting Attire
- Valid Hunting License/Tags
- Personal Hunting Gear
Rules & Guidelines
All hunters 10 years and older must carry a valid Idaho hunting license, as well as any permits or tags required for their game species. You cannot purchase a license without completing a certified hunter education course.