Kansas Sandhill Crane Hunt (2 or 3 Day)
November - January
The Sandhill Crane has a gray body, with crimson on top of its head. Most live in freshwater wetlands in various flyways. They feed on plants, grains, insects and worms. They are known to dig in the soil; which can cause farmers to have significant crop damage. The life span of the Sandhill Crane is around 20 years; they weigh 6-14 pounds and have a wing span of 5-6 feet. The Sandhill Crane has keen eyesight with the ability to see four colors. They can distinguish between male and female feathers. That is why our taxidermy decoys are so effective and second to none in the hunting fields.
The Sandhill Crane is regarded to be the best eating of all migratory birds; that is why they are referred to as “The Ribeye of the Sky".
Our guides work tirelessly on securing the best hunting grounds for the reserved hunts. We have established great working relationships with area landowners and pay them out of our rates. We take pride in caring for their land and know that we'll be invited back to use their farmland for future hunts.
We use taxidermy crane decoys because our customers are worth it.
We know, as hunters to be successful, we must learn and study our prey, prepare, adapt, and be persistent. This couldn’t be truer in the case of hunting Sandhill Crane. The Crane is a very wary bird. We decoy them using our taxidermy stuffed/mounts, and these birds will not be fooled with a traditional plastic decoy spread. We also use u-v blocker on all of our equipment. It is vital to stay 100% concealed when hunting these elusive birds. We are able to do so we so from our custom built, large hay bale blinds. Each blind can accommodate up to 18 hunters.
We have been very successful, having many sandhill cranes land within our spread and just a few feet from our custom blind. We put a lot of thought and preparation into each and every hunt. Our mission is to offer the very best “in your face” crane hunt to all of our clients. Hunting Sandhill Crane is a thrill, one you will not soon forget. Every bird hunter should have it on his or her bucket list.
We'll hunt from custom blinds that look just like hay bales.
Make it a Combo Hunt
If you decide you'd like a little afternoon action, we can add a guided waterfowl hunt. These hunts also use taxidermy decoys and clients can expect to kill both ducks and geese during their afternoon hunt.
2-Day Hunt Minimum
Add an extra day for an additional fee to be added when booking.
Taxidermied Decoy Spread
Lodging is not included, but the hotels work with us and provide a special discounted rate for our hunters (usually around $70 / night). After booking, please contact us and we can send additional details.
Add Duck / Goose Hunt in Afternoon
Bryan Lee B
We are a father & son business and we both work tirelessly to provide you with a successful hunt.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$165.00 Per Day
$605.00 Per Person Per Day
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Expert Guide
- "Stuffers" Taxidermied Decoys
- Private Hunting Ground Access
- Shotgun & Ammunition
- Weather Appropriate Hunting Gear
- Appropriate Licensing
Rules & Guidelines
- Daily Limit - 3
- Possession Limit - 9
- Sandhill Crane Hunt over Taxidermy Decoys
- Prices per person per day for the upcoming 2020-2021 season
- Please note, there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit included with your payment when booking.
- Release Forms must be filled out prior to hunt.
- Custom Blinds may be reserved with a 6-man minimum or more reservation.
Crane Hunting Must Haves
- Oklahoma or Kansas Hunting License - depends on where the birds are
- Oklahoma or Kansas Hip Permit
- Oklahoma or Kansas Crane Permit
- Kansas Crane Test - Must be printed out and carried.
- 12 gauge shotgun capable of shooting 3" ammo, steel shot, recommended BB's or #2 shot!
- Waders are NOT needed
- Blind Bag - suggested to have ammo, snacks, drink, gloves, hand warmers, flashlight and camera
- Cooler for your birds - We do not clean birds and if you choose to clean them before transporting, they must have a wing intact.