Juneau, Alaska Whale Watching Tour
There’s a reason why whale watching is on so many people’s bucket list. There’s no sight more majestic than a humpback whale in the waters of Juneau.
Our boats are perfect for whale watching, and our local captains are familiar with the area and take you to the spots where you’re most likely to see whales. There are humpback whales, seals, porpoises, and even the occasional orca in the area. Go on an unforgettable whale watching adventure with us and see Alaska’s wildlife up close.
Our small-group trips mean that you get the best view, plus our friendly crew can share stories about the area and its wildlife.
If you’re visiting on an Alaska cruise ship shore excursion, our trips are tailored to get you straight to the heart of the action and then back to the boat in a timely fashion.
Base price is for a 2.5-hour tour for up to 6 guests. Make it a 4 hour charter for an additional fee.
Make it a 4hr Tour!
Captain Grant and his team are locally raised and know the ins and outs of Juneau for the greatest whale watching, sightseeing, and sport fishing adventures. He has an eagle eye when spotting whales, and his favorite phrase is “FISH ON!”
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$825.00 Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Drinks & Snacks
- Weather Appropriate Gear
Rules & Guidelines
Due to COVID-19 and the financial crisis, we are not able to issue refunds at this time. We are seeking assistance to continue moving forward. We are eager to take you out to explore Alaska’s waters. Please consider converting your booking to an open-ended date of your choosing.
Do you provide transportation?
- If you don’t have your own transportation, we are happy to provide it. Our boats leave from Auke Bay, which is about a 25-minute ride from downtown, where the cruise ships dock. We also provide transportation to and from most hotels.
What if it is too cold and rainy on the day of our trip?
- Being located in a temperate rainforest, we definitely don’t let the rain hold us back. We recommend bringing a rain layer not just for our trip but for your entire time here in the lovely Tongass National Forest. All of our boats do have a heater available to be turned on if anyone wants heat inside. We have cabins with seats for anyone looking to stay warm and dry.
Is there an age limit to go on a fishing trip?
- All ages are welcome on our boats. Every person on board does count as a spot on the trip, including children of all ages.
Are there bathrooms on the boats?
Do you accommodate wheelchairs?
- If you are able to sit up on the side gunnel of our boat, we can assist you in getting into the boat and onto the bench seating on board, or back into the wheelchair on the back deck.
What about food during our trip?
- We provide bottled water, soft drinks, and assorted snacks – chips, granola bars, candy. You are more than welcome to bring any of your own food on board with us.