Idaho Mountain Lion Unit 18 & Unit 23
1-2 Guests • Lodge • Public/Private • Guided
6-Day Cougar Hunt with Lodging
(Rifle or Archery Hunt)
Mountain lion hunting is not just something we do in the off-season, It's our passion. Every year we take multiple record book Toms and consistently take bigger lions than the competition. A Mountain Lion hunt can be one of the most challenging and exciting hunts in North America. These hunts are exhilarating chases through Idaho's pristine winter landscape. Our hounds are some of the best in the business and our success rates are near 100%. These hunts are based out of one of our comfortable Hunting lodges In the area we are hunting.
With our large area and top-of-the-line equipment, we are able to personalize each lion hunt to every hunter's ability.
Hunters can also hunt wolves on down days or later in the day when not cougar hunting. Calling and spot & stalk are the primary methods of take. Due to the steep open terrain of our canyons, the frequency of wolf sightings is very sporadic. Wolves encountered here are typically moving through the area because the habitat of our canyons is not preferred by these vermin.
Our Lion and Wolf hunts are conducted in both Hells Canyon and in the Salmon River Canyon along with over 10,000 acres of private land. Cougars are plentiful due to the increase in our elk and deer herds.
We are licensed to hunt in The Hells Canyon National Recreation Area, the Nez Perce and Payette National Forests, and over 10,000 acres of private land. Our Exclusive Outfitting area includes over 300 square miles of some of the best big game hunting territory that North America has to offer. We provide trophy hunts for Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Mountain Lion, Black Bears, and Mountain Goats.
We take pride in providing our clients with world-class hunting, Our lodging is no different. We don't run huge camps with large numbers of hunters and we make it our goal to deliver top-notch accommodations on every hunt. We offer a number of options when it comes to lodging. This hunt includes private lodging in one of our two comfortable lodges:
- Mountain View Lodge: Our Mountain View Lodge was specifically designed with the sportsman in mind. Set in a relaxing and peaceful backcountry environment and located high on a mountaintop. Our rustic backcountry lodge and private guest cabins offer panoramic views of the legendary Salmon River and the Seven Devils Mountains. The Mountain View Lodge is rustic and comfortable, the food is exceptional and the mountain scenery is absolutely beautiful! At Mountain View Ranch our goal is to provide the best hospitality, food, and overall experience that anyone has to offer.
- River House: Our River House is centrally located so we can access all of our hunting areas with ease. This warm, comfortable lodge with home-cooked food, Wi-Fi, and big screen TV is a perfect place after a day of hunting. This Lodge is conveniently located within walking distance of town and gives our clients the opportunity to enjoy all that Riggins, Idaho has to offer. The house is located riverside so our guests can spend their free time fishing, exploring the town, or just enjoying the view from the deck.
Base price is per person per 6-Day hunt with private lodging.
World-class big game hunting in the Hells Canyon Wilderness area.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$8800.00 Per Person Per Experience
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Meat Packing
- Transportation to/from Hunting Area
- Land Managed Specifically for Hunting
- Comfortable Lodging
- Hunt with Well Trained Hounds
- Home-Cooked Meals
- Weather Appropriate Hunting Attire
- Valid Hunting License/Tags
- Personal Hunting Gear
Rules & Guidelines
All hunters 10 years and older must carry a valid Idaho hunting license, as well as any permits or tags required for their game species. You cannot purchase a license without completing a certified hunter education course.