Columbia Glacier & Wildlife Day Tour
This tour is approximately 9 hours long and will provide excellent views of the scenery and wildlife between Valdez and the breathtaking Columbia Glacier. On this cruise you'll enjoy a spectacular ride along giant icebergs.
Once we have toured the Columbia Glacier region, we will cruise around Glacier Island and stop along the way to see the local Stellar sea lions.
It's also very common to see sea otters, seals, orcas, humpback whales, Dall's porpoises, puffins, sea ducks, eagles, bears, mountain goats, and many other animals on our cruises.
Since we are limited to 6 people per trip and require booking the whole boat, we are able and willing to customize the route and timelines to maximize your experience.
Captain Will retired from the U.S. Air Force in May 2016 after providing military meteorological services for over 20 years. He grew up in Northern Minnesota and has had a passion for the outdoors since he was a child. In 2001, he moved to Alaska while serving on Active Duty and immediately fell in love with all the incredible opportunities the 49th state has to offer. It didn't take long before his love for the ocean grew and he found himself on the water as much as possible. Captain Will's meteorological knowledge, experience fishing Alaskan waters, and his love for sharing what Alaska has to offer makes him the perfect candidate to help you enjoy your next Alaskan adventure.
More Pricing Information
You can also pay a 50% deposit now and a final payment before your trip.
$2640.00 Per Day
Please note that there is a 50% non-refundable deposit included with your booking fee. In case of cancellation, and in accordance with the Host's cancellation policy, the remaining 50% may be returned to you or applied towards rescheduling a future trip.
- Expert Guide
- Top of the Line Boat
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
- Lunch, Drinks & Snacks
- A great attitude and desire to have a great time!
Rules & Guidelines
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Illegal drugs (which includes marijuana, despite some state laws)
- Weapons are prohibited
- GPS tracking devices
- Please leave your over-sized coolers in port. You'll have an opportunity to retrieve them for your catch once we arrive back at the dock.
- Reservation Policy: Please note there is a 50% nonrefundable deposit included with your payment when booking.
- No Shows: If you do not show on time, you will forfeit your charter fee. If you notify me that you're running a little late we will do our best to accommodate, but keep in mind if you're sharing the boat there are other people ready to leave at the appointed departure time.
- Weather Cancellations: We use our experience to make the appropriate weather call before departing each morning. In the event that weather will not allow us to safely depart, you will be refunded 100% of your payment. In the event of a small craft advisory (25 knot winds or greater) in the Gulf of Alaska, we will assess the weather and discuss alternatives with our clients (to include fishing inside the more sheltered waters of the Prince William Sound). Fishing tends to be a little slower in the sound, but we still manage to catch plenty of limits and good sized fish.
- Client Cancellations: We have a 30-day cancellation policy for halibut/combination trips. If you cancel your charter within 30 days of the departure day, you forfeit your deposit. No exceptions. We will refund your deposit if you cancel more then 30 days from your charter date. However, a $25 per reservation cancellation fee will be charged on all cancellation refunds.
- Mechanical Issues: In the unlikely event we experience mechanical or other unforeseen issues, we will refund your entire charter fee, if issues arise before we make it out fishing. If we make it out fishing and issues arise after we have completed fishing, we apologize for the inconvenience, but will do our best to to accommodate your needs and get you back to port in a timely manner.
- Fishing Equipment: If you break it or drop it overboard, you buy it. We take pride in keeping our equipment in pristine working condition and kindly ask that you help us keep it that way. We provide top of the line equipment for your trip, but you may bring your own fishing gear if you'd like. We are not responsible for your equipment malfunctions on our trips.
- Photo and Video Disclaimer: (VSA) reserves the right to use any photograph and/or video taken in relation to any adventure conducted by VSA for the purposes of, but not limited to promotions, social media, brochures, etc. To ensure the privacy of individuals, photographs and/or videos will not be associated with full names or other personal identifying information without approval from the subject, parent, or legal guardian (as applicable). However, we at VSA respect your privacy and will honor requests to withhold photographs and/or videos of an individual's likeness. By participating in a VSA adventure or by failing to notify VSA of your desire to have your likeness withheld, you consent to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify VSA from any and all claims involving the use of your likeness.